Be Informed and Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
The Village of Melrose Park encourages the community to stay informed, practice good hygiene, be aware, and be prepared. As a community we are in this together and wish to provide you with resources and updated information on the COVID-19 virus situation. It is important to know the facts, stay calm, help each other by staying home if you are sick, check in on your neighbors, and practice the guidelines that help slow the spread of COVID-19.
The links below provide you with access to various government agencies offering updated COVID-19 information, including prevention strategies, preparedness, testing information,
Breaking updates from State of Illinois government regarding prevention and preparation tips, frequently asked questions and resources from public health experts at Coronavirus.illinois.gov
Illinois Department of Public Health at http://www.dph.illinois.gov
Cook County Government at https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service/information-covid-19
Village of Melrose Park at http://www.melrosepark.org
Melrose Park Departments of Homeland Security and Public Safety at https://mpdes.org
Center for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov
The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America at https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf
World Health Organization at https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Announcements Related to COVID-19
All Village services remain open. Melrose Park Library will be closed until further notice.
- President Preckwinkle Announces Emergency Relief Efforts for Suburban Cook County
- Click here for Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order Regarding Shelter and Stay for Illinois Residents
- Click here for Proviso Township High School Free Grab and Go Breakfast and Lunch Program Info
- The Mayor has set up a voicemail and email for Village questions on the Coronavirus They are: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Voicemail: 708-649-8077. In addition, you can call the Melrose Park Department of Homeland Security and Public Safety directly at 708-649-8000.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel has closed their Food Pantry until further Notice
- As of March 18 School District 89 partnered with Proviso High School District 209 to offer grab & go breakfast and lunch during emergency school closings, for more info visit: https://www.maywood89.org/
- All Westlake Hospital group meetings at the Senior Building have been Canceled. (Westlake Young Seniors Trips & Meetings, Westlake N/A & AA meetings.)
- All parties in the Village Hall & Senior Building Multi-purpose rooms are canceled to April 30th
- All Civic Center Events have been canceled to April 30th.
- Senior Exercise will be canceled as of March 17th, until further notice.
- Many local restaurants are open for business offering curbside pick-up and delivery options, along with meal specials. Please check with the restaurants directly.
- As of Wednesday, March 18, Target will reserve the first hour of shopping each Wednesday at stores nationwide for vulnerable guests – including elderly and those with underlying health concerns.
- Beginning Thursday, March 19, Jewel-Osco is asking that Tuesdays & Thursdays, between 7am and 9am be allowed for senior shoppers to have priority shopping during this time.
- April 18th Silver Creek Clean Up Event is Cancelled
- Proviso Township Offices Closed Click to Read More
- Click here for Special Message from Winston Plaza regarding operating in these difficult times
- Click here for Loyola Hospital statement on their preparation to take care of Coronavirus patients
Last modified: April 8, 2020