GARAGE SALE DATES AND RULES
Garage sales will be held on the third weekend of the following months: May, June, July, August and September. Sales are to be conducted on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the designated weekends. No sales are allowed on Sundays.
The dates for 2017 are:
May 18th, 19th and 20th
June 15th, 16th and 17th
July 20th, 21st and 22nd
August 17th, 18th and 19th
September 21st, 22nd and 23rd
No permit is needed for garage sales – however the following rules must be followed:
- Garage sales shall be conducted only during the hours of 9:00AM and 5:00 PM
- No garage sales may be conducted in apartment buildings.
- No garage sales in the front yard, i.e. on the grass.
- All garage sales to be conducted in back yard, garage, or on driveway.
- All sale items to be displayed on tables, not on ground.
- No sale items shall be located and no sale activities shall be conducted in the front yard area on the premises of any public sidewalk, parkway area, or other public property.
- No sales signs, handbills, or other advertising material shall be located or posted upon public parkway or on public property, signs, poles, or light poles within the Village of Melrose Park.
- Signs advertising the sales shall not exceed three feet (3) by five feet (5) and may be located only in the front yard (private property) of the address having the garage sale and must be removed immediately after the sale.
- The sale will be conducted without the use of outdoor loud speakers, amplification equipment or illuminated advertising devices.
Any person violating these rules shall be subject
to a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars. $500.00