GARAGE SALE DATES AND RULES Garage sales will be held on the third weekend of the following months: May, June, July, and August. Sales are to be conducted on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the designated weekends. No sales are allowed on Sundays.
The remaining dates for 2021 are:
July 15th, 16th and 17th
August 19th, 20th and 21st
No permit is needed for garage sales – however the following rules must be followed:
- Garage sales shall be conducted only during the hours of 9:00AM and 5:00 PM
- No garage sales may be conducted in apartment buildings.
- No garage sales in the front yard, i.e. on the grass.
- All garage sales to be conducted in back yard, garage, or on driveway.
- All sale items to be displayed on tables, not on ground.
- No sale items shall be located and no sale activities shall be conductedin the front yard area on the premises of any public sidewalk, parkwayarea, or other public property.
- No sales signs, handbills, or other advertising material shall be locatedor posted upon public parkway or on public property, signs, poles, orlight poles within the Village of Melrose Park.
- Signs advertising the sales shall not exceed three feet (3) by five feet(5) and may be located only in the front yard (private property) of the address having the garage sale and must be removed immediately after the sale.
- The sale will be conducted without the use of outdoor loud speakers, amplification equipment or illuminated advertising devices.Any person violating these rules shall be subject to a tine not to exceed five hundred dollars. $500.00
Last modified: June 21, 2021