The warmer weather is here and many residents and business owners will be performing construction projects to their homes and businesses. The Building Department of the village of Melrose Park is pleased to see the improvements within our neighborhood. Remember, before starting any construction project; obtain a building permit from the Building Department. All contractors performing work are required to obtain a contractor’s license with the village.
Rough and final inspections are to be performed to make sure work is being performed to code. If you are planning to update your home or business, or if you have any questions, please come into the Building Department at
1000 N.25th Ave.
or call us at (708) 343-4000, Ext. 4470, or send an email to: email@example.com.
Go to www.melrosepark.org to obtain the following Building Department forms.
• Debris Hauling Contractor’s License Application
• Vacant Property Registration
• Permit Application Page 1
• Permit Application Page 2
• Building Codes
• Certificate of Compliance Application
• Contractor’s Registration Application
• Electrical Permit Application
• Form 3500
• Form 4000
• Items Covered in Cert of Compliance Inspection (Sale)
• Sign Application
• Process of Selling a Property
• Vending and Amusement License Application
Please note that registration does not replace building permits or other required information. General contractors are responsible to assure that all their sub-contractors are licensed in Melrose Park. Failure to do so may result in citations, fines and work stoppage on site.
The Village Zoning Map is available on the home page of the Village of Melrose Park website www.melrosepark.org.Important Information.
Last modified: April 18, 2022